On Thursday, January 21, 2016, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Fox partners Yesenia M. Gallegos and Jeffrey S. Kravitz will hold a CLE presentation in the firm’s Los Angeles (Century City) office covering the California Fair Pay Act.
Effective January 1, 2016, the FPA prohibits an employer from paying any employee a lower wage than that paid to employees of the opposite sex for substantially similar work and places the burden on employers to prove that any pay gap between workers is due to nondiscriminatory factors.
Yesenia and Jeff will discuss:
- California’s existing Equal Pay Laws
- The new California FPA, its impact on employment litigation and requirements such as:
- Wage compliance
- Anti-retaliation provision
- Recordkeeping compliance
- The FPA’s impact on industries, including the entertainment, legal services and medical industries
- Women and negotiating pay
- Managing risk and avoiding litigation
For more information and to register for “Equal Pay for Equal Work,” please visit the event’s page.